This article will explain how to add pages. For an overview of setting up your site structure, and an explanation of what are Pages and Sections, read this article >
Step-by-step Guide to Adding Pages to your Store:
1. Login to your Workspace
2. Click on Website from the left menu.
3. Follow the link to Site Pages
4. You will see the current sections and pages of your website listed here.
When you open the Site Pages screen, you already have a few Section folders created. The Home page and Footer folder are very important to the basic structure of your website.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT delete the Home and Footer folders!!
5. Select the section in which you want your new Page to appear, then click the Add Page button.
NOTE: to create a new Section first, learn how to Add a Section.
6. Fill in the details of your new page.
Display Name: This is the name that will appear in the menu, linking to this page.
Handle: The handle will be populated automatically.
Type: Choose the page type you want for this page. This determines the layout of the page. Read about Page Types >
Title: this is the title that will appear on the top of the browser page.
Meta Tags: click on "what's this" for more information.
Description: click on "what's this" for more information.
Keywords: click on "what's this" for more information.
Is Visible field:
- Select “True” for the page to be visible on your site
- Select “False” and the page will not appear on your site
You may want to use this to temporarily remove pages from your site without deleting them from your Workspace.
Members only field:
- Select “True” if you want only registered customers to have access to this section of your site
- Select “False” if you want everyone who visits your site to have access to this section
7. Click Save.
To set as your Default page:
Once you have created Section folders and Pages, you'll need to select the first page that appears when customers visit that section.
When you select a page within the "Store Home" section and then click the Set Default button, this page becomes your front page, or Home Page.
To set a particular page within a Section to be the first page that visitors see in that Section, select that page and click the Set Default button. A small red square will appear in the corner of the page icon, to indicate that it is the default page.
To view a new page on your website/store:
1. Click "View Your Store" in the upper right corner of your Workspace.
2. You will be taken to your website home page. Look for the page listed as a pulldown option when clicking on the Section name for that page.
NOTE: If the menu item is not showing, click "Refresh" to refresh the page.