PayPal Business Account (For International Transactions)
PayPal is a global online payment gateway solution that allows you to collect payments from all around the world; however, PayPal cannot be used for domestic payments within India.
With a PayPal business account, you can accept payments from customers outside India. Customers can pay using PayPal even if they don’t have PayPal accounts, by using their credit or debit card. It’s a simple, secure, and cost effective solution for your international customers.
This article includes an overview of PayPal’s Payment Solutions, how to obtain a PayPal Payments account, and how to integrate PayPal with your
To read more about payment gateways and compare all payment gateway options, read this article here >
PayPal Payments Account Overview
PayPal charges 4.4% + $0.30 USD per transaction. You can find more info with regards to the fees here.
PayPal offers 3 levels of merchant accounts:
1) PayPal Payments Standard – the basic package, with no monthly fees, is your best bet if your business is just starting out.
2) PayPal Payments Advanced – with this mid-range plan, checkout happens on the website rather than being redirected to PayPal’s site
3) PayPal Payments Pro – this is the most full-featured plan, allowing you to integrate payment seamlessly in your website, with total control over look and feel of the payment process
For complete details and a plan comparison: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/compare-business-products
PayPal Payments Standard Details
Most customers choose to start off with PayPal Payments Standard (the basic PayPal plan). Here’s how it works:
With PayPal activated on your , your customers will be able to choose PayPal during checkout.
Once a customer confirms his order and provides shipping and billing details, he will be redirected to the PayPal website in order to make payment for the purchase.
PayPal Payments Standard allows customers the choice of either signing into their PayPal account or not signing in and paying for their transaction by credit card. PayPal Payments Standard accepts credit/debit cards (Visa/Delta/Electron, MasterCard/Eurocard, PayPal Top Up Card, Maestro, and American Express) and PayPal payments.
Customers get directed back to the ‘Thank You’ page on your immediately after they pay (or cancel a transaction).
Your will automatically create an order and an invoice. An order confirmation email with the customer order number and purchase details will be sent to your customer.
You can track your cash inflow and outflow by sales, refunds and fees, for monthly, daily or custom periods.
PayPal will charge you a percentage fee and a flat fee per transaction (view PayPal fees)
How to obtain a Business Account with PayPal
For PayPal, you would need to sign up for a Business account. Go to https://www.paypal.com/in/webapps/mpp/merchant to sign up with a business account.
Setting PayPal as your Payment Method
To integrate your PayPal account with your :
1. Login to your Workspace
2. Click on Settings from the left menu.
3. Within Settings, click on Checkout and Payments.
4. Here you will see all the integrated payment methods, including PayPal. In the pulldown menu, select PayPal.
5. Enter the Account Email associated with your PayPal account here, and set the preferred currency for payments.
6. Click Save.
Once these steps are complete, the PayPal payment option will be activated and your customers will be able to choose PayPal during checkout.
To ensure that PayPal has been set up properly, do a test transaction and on the “Checkout” page you will see the Gateway appear under Payment Options.