SEO for Your
Using your dashboard, you can ensure that each page on your website is optimised for SEO.
As explained in our overview of SEO, three key elements of optimising a web page for SEO are the title tag, meta description, and meta keywords. Each of these items is an editable field in your dashboard.
This article explains how to input these meta tags into your PowerStore web pages.
For more information on how to write these tags, view this article.
To Add Meta Tags for a Page in your :
1. Login to your Workspace
2. Click on Website from the left menu.
3. Follow the link to Site Pages
4. You will see the current sections and pages of your website listed here.
NOTE: Folder icons are for sections, and page icons are for pages. For this, you are interested in only the pages.
5. Choose a page, such as your homepage, and double-click to open the page information to the right.
6. Title, meta description, and meta keywords can be entered here. Click “save” when finished.
To view your meta tags on your website/store:
If you want to ensure the information was captured for your page, you can view the meta tags for a page by looking at the page source.
1. Click "View Your Store" in the upper right corner of your Workspace, below your name.
2. You will be taken to your website home page. Navigate to the relevant page.
3. You can right-click on that page and choose “view source” to find the meta tags.
4. Do a “Ctrl-F” search for the words “title” or “description” to help you find the information.
NOTE: Remember, these are “meta” tags. They will not be visible on the page itself. They are used for SEO and will show in places like your browser bar, bookmarks, and Google search results.
NOTE: Third-party search engines like Google will not display your new page titles and meta descriptions immediately. It may take up to a day or more for the new data to be captured by Google.