When customers pay directly on your website or via a payment gateway, payments are automatically processed and accepted or rejected by the payment gateway, and the results are displayed in your
However, if you allow OFFLINE payment methods such as Cash on Delivery (COD), money orders, cheques or any other type of payment that does not automatically process, you'll need to manually accept the customer's payment.
How to manually accept an order payment:
1. Login to your Workspace
2. Click on Orders from the left menu.
3. Click the Order ID of the order for which you need to accept payment.
4. The order details appear on the Order Details screen. Click the "Accept Payment" button
5. Enter the amount of the payment received and click "Accept this Amount".
6. The Order screen will now show that payment has been received and accepted.
To learn more about
integrated payment gateways and accepting payments by credit or debit card, read this article.