Moneris is a major payment gateway in North America. Moneris processes more than 3 billion credit and debit card transactions a year, for over 350,000 merchant locations across North America.
How to obtain a Merchant account with Moneris
The first step is to sign up online with Moneris.
- Click on “Apply Now” and fill in all the relevant details
Step 2: Moneris will issue you a Store ID + Merchant Secret Hash Key
Once you are approved, Moneris will issue you a Store ID and a Merchant Secret Hash Key with your account activation. Be sure to note down this information.
You will need to enter your Store ID and Merchant Secret Hash Key in your workspace. Follow the steps below for setting up Moneris and adding your account info in your website.
Configuring your Moneris account with your website
You will need to follow these steps to set up your Moneris account to link to your store.
- Go to the Moneris Merchant Resource Center at https://www3.moneris.com/mpg/
Login by entering your username, store ID, and password
4. On the next page titled “Hosted Paypage Configuration”, enter the following details:
- Description - should be the name of your store exactly as it appears in your workspace
- Transaction Type - choose “Purchase”
- Payment Methods - select “Credit Cards”
- Response Method - select “Sent to your server as a GET”
- Approved URL - enter http:// /moneris_approved.cfm (replace “yourstore” with your actual site name)
- Declined URL - enter http:// /moneris_declined.cfm (replace “yourstore” with your actual site name)
- Click the checkbox to select “Use Enhanced Cancel”
- Click on “Save Changes”
5. Next, click the “Configure Security” button under the “Security Features” header, and complete the following fields:
- Transaction Verification - click the checkbox “Enable Transaction Verification”
- Response Method - choose “Sent to your server as a GET”
- Set the " Response URL " to http://siteurl/moneris_txn_verified.cfm (where site url will be the live url of your website ex: www.yourstore.com)
- Click “Save verification settings”
6. Once the above process is completed, you will see your " ps_store_id " and " hpp_key ".
You will need to enter your “ps_store_id " (Store Id) and " hpp_key " (Merchant Secret Hash Key) in your website. Follow the steps below for setting up Moneris and adding your account info into your website.
Setting Moneris as your Payment Method
To configure Moneris as the payment gateway for your website, you can do so within your workspace:
1. Login to your Workspace
2. Click on Settings from the left menu.
3. Within Settings, click on Checkout and Payments.
4. Here you will see all the integrated payment methods, including Moneris. In the pulldown menu, select Moneris.
5. In the Popup window
Enter Store Id
Enter the Merchant Secret Hash key
To ensure that Moneris has been set up properly, do a test transaction and on the “Checkout” page you will see the Moneris gateway appear under Payment Options.
If you have any issues while setting up Moneris, please contact us at , we will be happy to help!