is integrated with the United States Postal Service (USPS), which allows merchants based in the US to integrate USPS shipping rates right from their workspace.
Setting up USPS shipping with your saves you time and money. The shipping rate is automatically integrated into your shopping cart during checkout, based on the weight of the items and the zip code entered by the customer, including delivery fees and pickup fees.
Note: Shipping with USPS only works for your customers located within the US. A US zip code must be entered during checkout, otherwise the shipment cannot go out and the customer will get an error during checkout.
Before you can turn on USPS for your :
There are several steps you should ensure that you do before you can begin with USPS integration.
1) Get a USPS account:
If you don't have one already, first you will need to get a merchant account with US Postal Service.
Contact USPS or visit their website to create your account.
2) Notify :
Once you have an account, you will need to contact by emailing , to get USPS shipping activated on your .
3) Set up your products
USPS is a weight-based system, therefore all products need to have a weight value to correctly calculate the shipping cost. You should ensure that each of your products has a weight value entered, AND that the "Charge shipping" option is set to "Yes" for each product. You can find these product fields within the "Add Variation" section of the product page.
Step-by-step guide to setting up USPS in your :
1. Login to your Workspace
2. Click on Settings from the left menu.
3. Under Settings, select the Shipping tab.
4. Choose Use USPS as your shipping method, and enter your username and password from your USPS account.
Note: If you do not see "Use USPS" as an option in your Shipping module, please contact to have it turned on for your site.
5. Enter your address for USPS shipments (NOTE: currently you will need to arrange for pickup separately, or drop off your package at your local post office).
How to ship and track your orders with USPS:
Once you receive an order, here are the steps to fulfill and track the order.
1. When you ship the package with USPS, note down the tracking number.
2. Go to the USPS website and enter the tracking number.
3. On the results page, copy the URL. That will be the tracking URL for the package.
4. In your Webware workspace, go to the Order Details page for that order and select “Fulfill Order”.
5. Enter the tracking number and tracking URL (see step 3) for the order and click "Save".
After you click "save", this will trigger an email to be sent to your customer notifying them of the shipment and the tracking number.
You can track the package delivery here from the Order Details page in your Workspace anytime, to see if the package is in transit or delivered.